Buying A Pre-Owned Yacht
Let Louis Sola and Evermarine Guide You!
When you’re buying a pre-owned yacht, you can find yourself in treacherous waters. The seller has a broker looking out after his interests, just as a homeowner selling his house has a realtor. As a yacht buyer, you can have a buyer’s agent who acts on your behalf, upholding your interests and not those of the seller. Most states have laws that fix yacht sale commissions at ten percent. When both parties have an agent, the commission is split between them, so having a buyer’s agent doesn’t cost you anything.
When you ask Louis Sola and the dedicated brokers at Evermarine to help you buy a yacht, we handle all the details for you — and there are a lot of details.
Of course, we negotiate to get the lowest price for you. Equally important, we ensure that the vessel you’re considering is in good condition:
- We arrange for proper inspection and survey of the vessel. The qualified yacht surveyor inspects the yacht out of the water, and reports both the pros and cons to you.
- If the yacht has any problems, we can arrange for the correct parts and service to correct them after you purchase the yacht.
- We do a title search to find any liens or lawsuits that might be obstacles to the sale. When a boat’s history shows only a few owners, that may imply the boat was well cared for.
- We ask the manufacturer of the yacht for background on the vessel. We also do a background check on the engine’s serial numbers.
Once you’ve decided which yacht is right for you, we negotiate for you and:
- We facilitate the purchase agreement, making sure that you are protected from any foreseeable problems. We also facilitate your down payment.
- We ensure that all the proper documentation is ready and that the closing is handled correctly.
- We provide you with various options for registering your new yacht. If necessary, we also give you options for shipping the boat to you. Should you need one, we recommend an experienced captain.
Why enter the possibly dangerous waters of pre-owned yacht purchase without an experienced pilot at your side? Especially since it’s free! Let Evergreen tackle the obstacles and handle the intricate details while you dream of the great times you’ll have at sea. Contact Louis Sola and Evermarine today. Call +5073141000, or just click here.